x Welsh Tract Publications: GOD CANNOT BE TURNED

Translate

Historic

Historic

Saturday, February 24, 2024

GOD CANNOT BE TURNED


Job 23:13-14
But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth. 14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

Praise God!!! 

Salvation, or any other thing for that matter, does not depend on me and my inability or self-righteous ability!!! So often I believed I had to “let God” do this or “let God” do that or his will or purpose would be hindered or changed. But hallelujah, he cannot be turned and “as his soul desireth, even that he doeth.” 
All my rebellion and hardening of heart was no match for sovereign grace! When I did not want him, his soul “desired” me, and he would not be turned away! And so His "people shall be willing in the day of his power." For He "performeth the thing that was appointed for me.”

And so this morning my heart is steadfast because of the fact that whether I perform or do not perform, whether I am faithful or unfaithful, whether I am obedient or disobedient, whether I am true or whether I am false, God's purpose and God's decree will carry out in every detail exactly as it is determined!! My God will not and cannot fail in receiving all that he desires!! 

I once hated predestination, the fact that God designed, decreed, governed, and performed every minute detail. It abased my self-centered ego and denied my self-righteous attainments. But the more I study his word and have learned of him, the more I find rest and comfort in this peace-bringing doctrine!! 

Psalms 115:3
But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Daniel 4:35
And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
I pray he grants to me grace and faithfulness as he accomplishes all his will!


Elder Mikal Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. If an answer is needed, we will respond.